[Terrapreta] A context for Folke and All.

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Wed May 21 19:26:42 CDT 2008

Isn't this exactly what we've been talking about?

http://gristmill.grist.org/story/2008/5/20/95738/8301

Blairo Maggi -- the world's largest soy producer and one of Brazil's most
powerful politicians -- says:

With the worsening of the global food crisis, the time is coming when it
will be inevitable to discuss *whether we preserve the environment or
produce more food. There is no way to produce more food without occupying
more land and taking down more trees.

My assumption has been that biochar might instead create any opportunity to
produce more food -- enough more food -- and do a better job of preserving
the environment. Does anyone truly disagree?

*