[Terrapreta] Catching Carbon

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Sun May 25 08:03:57 CDT 2008

I know that scrubbing the CO2 out of coal burning is an extremely
controversial idea. I'm not a supporter but I found this article very
interesting:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2008/may/24/carbonemissions.climatechange1

It triggered a question: if such a technology were to become feasible,
might it be possible somehow to convert the scrubbed CO2 to char for soil
rather than deep-burying it in the ground?

I would prefer to stay away from the valid ethical question of using ANY
more fossil fuels unless one is prepared to offer a realistic alternative
fuel resource for economic development in China and India.

thanks,  lou