[Terrapreta] Trench Method: First Attempt

Mark Ludlow mark at ludlow.com
Sun May 25 21:53:20 CDT 2008

Hi William,

Thanks for sharing. After observing logging slash piled and burned for so
many years, I wonder why someone doesn't at least make a feeble effort to
produce char by filling a swale, igniting and then burying--more-or-less. No
shortage of heavy equipment sitting around once the land is "scarified"
after a clear cut. The slash burns frequently spread and are responsible for
the loss of adjacent timber. This is Forestry Science.

Better luck next time; I'll bet you're on the right track!

Mark