[Terrapreta] Ad idea for Best Energies

Laurens Rademakers lrademakers at biopact.com
Mon May 26 13:16:16 CDT 2008

"Fighting climate change by driving more".

We know that with Terra Preta this bizarre statement could actually make sense.

I imagine BEST Energies in Australia making a promotional vid or an ad: pyrolysing a batch of renewable biomass, sequestering the char into a nearby farm that needs better soils, charging the batteries of a sexy, futuristic electric vehicle with electricity from the syngas, and then having Adriana Downey driving the car around... Put James Hansen in the movie as a commentator, saying: "by driving this car, Adriana is taking old CO2 pumped into the atmosphere decades ago by dirty SUV's, back out of it. We can clean up our act by driving our cars."

That would simply be superb!

Carbon-negative driving - it could make TP hip and better known amongst a broader audience. Connect the concept with mobility, because people love to read and hear about cars.

Cheers, Lorenzo