[Terrapreta] Locations of TP soils sites in the Amazon.

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Thu May 29 10:32:33 CDT 2008

Dear Lou
lou gold wrote:
> I understand your logic Kevin but it's all in your mind.

Yes, logic does come from the mind.
> No one has yet found anything in the Amazon basin to confirm your
> suspicion. At least I know of nothing that has been published to that
> effect.

Has anyone even looked for naturally occurring "Black Earth Deposits"?
If I was an Archeaologist or Anthropologist, intent on doing a research
project, I would only be interested in sites where I could see "evidence
of Man's Efforts".

I can imagine a series of Weekly Journal Entries by such a team:
Week 1: We examined 53 black earth sites this week, and didn't see anything.
Week 2: We examined 62 more black earth sites, and still nothing
Week 3: We examined 21 more black earth sites, and #23 was a winner!! We
found a piece of pottery!! Now we finally have something to work with!....
.... and the rest is history. ;-)

When all one has is an Archeological or Anthropological mindset as a
hammer, then perhaps the only nails that they see are pottery shards.

> That's the best response I can give for your question.

Didn't you post an article on your Blogsite showing how Terra Preta
actually "grows"? The article was about Brazilians who harvest TP for
sale elsewhere. The article clearly noted that they find that vegetation
that falls into depressions and low lying areas is converted to TP for
harvesting about 20 years later.

Best wishes,

Kevin