[Terrapreta] Charcoal Injector

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Tue Apr 10 22:45:23 CDT 2007

Sean, Jeff,

Let me ask some fundamental questions like:

What function would charcoal play to improve growth in switchgrass? Would it
improve yields? If so how?

Where, how much and in what form should charcoal be applied? A simple slot
injection between "rows" might work if it puts it in the right place.

Would charcoal use reduce the amount of fertilizer used for the same yield?

Too bad we don't have a budget for the agronomic work in the Chariton Valley
Biomass Project ( www.iowaswitchgrass.com ) project anymore.

Tom