[Terrapreta] Overview on biochar production methods

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Wed Aug 15 17:46:26 EDT 2007

Christelle,

See FAO Simple Methods for Making Charcoal

http://www.fao.org/docrep/x5328e/x5328e00.htm#Contents

Various references are linked at "Making Charcoal" on the TP website:

http://terrapreta.bioenergylists.org/makingcharcoal

http://terrapreta.bioenergylists.org/taxonomy/term/267

See Antal and Gronli,(2003) The Art and Science of Making Charcoal

http://terrapreta.bioenergylists.org/node/403

http://pubs.acs.org/cgi-bin/abstract.cgi/iecred/2003/42/i08/abs/ie0207919.ht
ml

Walter Emrich, (1985) Handbook of Charcoal Making: the traditional and
Industrial Methods, Solar Energy R&D in the European Community, Series E
Volume 7, for the commission of European communities, D. Reidel Publishing,
Dordrecht, Holland. ISBN 90-227-1934-9

Charcoal Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charcoal

USEPA AP-42 chapter 10.7 Charcoal Production
http://www.epa.gov/ttn/chief/ap42/ch10/final/c10s07.pdf

Tom Miles

Tmiles at trmilescom