[Terrapreta] Sterling engines coupled to pyrolysis units?

Ron Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Thu Aug 16 22:23:22 EDT 2007

Bernie:

    I have been following the Stirling engine area (from a long distance)
for about 30 years.   The best US effort going today is probably what you
will see at http://www.stirlingenergy.com/solar_overview.htm

    This group is well funded apparently and has a long-term power purchase
agreement in hand.  We could have been at this stage 10-15 years ago if
there had then been today's interest in climate and national security
topics.  Very low past funding in this area - and a number of
almost-successful earlier Stirling programs that I am sure you can find
through google.

    Their web site mentions biogas - which of course fits well with
terrapreta activities.  And 25 kW is not a bad size for a farm operation.
You'll have to wait a few years more.

Ron