[Terrapreta] Overview on biochar production methods

Jeff Davis jeff0124 at velocity.net
Thu Aug 16 21:53:55 EDT 2007

Tom, interesting.
..

Some say that Terra Preta charcoal needs to be a pure as the driven snow.
Others say it needs to be high in volatiles, understandable at this point.

The only thing I can say is this: About a week ago I made some of the
nicest cherry wood chips with the WC6. Used up my hog dressed cherry
lumber that I had stashed for about ten years. It wouldn’t work for the
Imbert crowd but looks like good fuel for the Gas-of-Fire 1000,
stratified.

I plan on fueling the Gas-of-Fire with one or two GGE of these chips and
measure the amount of charcoal produced. I know of no way for me to
measure the amount of gas produced but if it wasn’t too costly maybe I
could send a sample of the charcoal, somewhere, to be analyzed. Maybe some
of the chips for moisture content.

Anybody know where I could send these samples to be tested???

Best regards,

Jeff

--
Jeff Davis

Some where 20 miles south of Lake Erie, USA