[Terrapreta] Overview on biochar production methods

ENVIPOWER envipower at webspeed.dk
Fri Aug 17 09:22:58 EDT 2007

Tom,
That is actually one of the main issues. We have lots of ideas. However we
will have to concentrate on a smaller part of "the cake".
One of the major issues is the best treatment of biomass into TP char. Some
reports suggest that it is vital with volatiles/oils in the coal, others
that it is the pore structure. We can do a lot of different setups in our
gasification step. It more or less can run from low temperatures created by
the high O2 in the fuels up to high temperature starved air combustion. Off
course the capacity differs in different modes.
Still the main issue for us is the fertilizer issue and how the fertilizer
parts N, P, K (potassium) will be available in the char. The TP effect is an
add-on that we expect a lot from.
Best regards/Med venlig hilse
ENVIPOWER AS

Nils Peter Astrupgaard