[Terrapreta] Overview on biochar production methods

ENVIPOWER envipower at webspeed.dk
Fri Aug 17 09:37:12 EDT 2007

Tom,
This is not an easy answer, since it relates to the gasification setup in
the gasifier step. In the test runs back then we were not aiming at char
production - it just happened and we started thinking of the use of the
charcoal. All commercial units build since have been running around
stoichiometric settings and I haven't been involved.
These days we turn back to the initial concept and we ran one of the
delivered commercial units in gasification mode in 2005.  We should have a
new modified version up running at the turn of the year at one of our
customer's farm running on agro-residues and straw.
Best regards/Med venlig hilsen
ENVIPOWER AS

Nils Peter Astrupgaard
Snerlevej 1 DK-2800 Kgs. Lyngby