[Terrapreta] Kingsford licenses Hawaii charcoal patent

Ron Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Fri Aug 17 16:00:34 EDT 2007

Mike (cc Tom, Gerald, terrapreta list)

    1.  Congratulations on the several licensing successes.  Really good to hear (and see the video Tom mentions below).

    2.  Two questions:
        a.  There must be substantial pyrolysis gas release/production in your unique high pressure approach.  What is the composition and your disposition of whatever is left over following the "flash" and cool down period?  Any estimate of its value?
        b.   There is obviously some thermal output as well.  Is it at all practical to try to capture that with heat exchangers, etc?

    3.  Apologies if these are discussed in any of your papers - where I remember only an emphasis on the amazing percentage of char.  Repeat a citation I should look at if appropriate.

Ron