[Terrapreta] Update on biochar trials in China

Robert Flanagan saffechina at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 22:51:31 EDT 2007

Hi Guys,

I've just added the latest pictures of my trial onto
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B8VGq-1qn4 . On this trail I have not used
any soil fertilizer, only micro nutrients are being applied as a foliar feed
(five applications to date). At this point we can see a clear difference in
the corn cob development and this appears quite early for a 90day seed.

I guess the next logical trial will be to do more localized charcoal
application around the seed and see if we can achieve similar results. Here
I'm thinking we try three application rates (maybe 100,200&300ml)
of charcoal. I'm sure it would be beneficial to add nutrients of microbes at
this point. I've run out of time to conduct this trail in China but I might
have an opportunity to carry this out in Indonesia if so I'll do my best to
post all data on youtube.

Regards,
Rob.
--