[Terrapreta] Sustained Biochar

Adriana Downie adriana at bestenergies.com.au
Wed Aug 29 21:37:19 EDT 2007

Jon, so do you not believe that humans are not altering our environment
and that 'creation will cope' with anthropogenic emissions and therefore
we should all stop worrying about global warming? This is how your post
reads. If so why are you interested in this concept at all??

Most of the conversation on this list has come from the fear that
unburnt methane and all the rest of the 'unnatural' compounds we are
emitting are causing detrimental effects and the planet simply can't
cope, or rather cope to a degree that ensures our continued quality of
life.

I certainly don't find fault in pre-columbian practices; however a lot
has happened since then, the industrial revolution for example. What was
good for them is not necessarily good for us. It is irresponsible to
continue to knowingly emit unburnt CH4, unless you don't think global
warming is of concern of course.

Adriana.