[Terrapreta] "How do I do it?"

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Sat Dec 1 23:22:30 EST 2007

Lou,

Just invite folks to the terra preta list. Everyone is exploring. The
collective discussion of fundamentals is healthy.  We don't have experts
here on all the topics.

As various tools become available discussion will evolve on them. But we
have to be aware of the limitations of the audiences. For example, some of
the newer social networking tools require high bandwidth. This discussion
runs on a simple listserv instead of the web because that is the easiest for
people dialing in with low bandwidth to communicate. Many of the people who
should benefit from Terra Preta have little or no bandwidth.

Our purpose is to explore and spread the application of the technology. The
only way to do that is to put charcoal in the pot or in the ground.

Thanks for your vigorous activity and enthusiasm for terra preta.

Tom