[Terrapreta] Tree planting -- a bit more

MMBTUPR at aol.com MMBTUPR at aol.com
Tue Dec 4 17:58:00 EST 2007

       from    Lewis L Smith

I accept Lou Gold's comments, but frankly I was under the impression that the
focus of the discussion was on the import and export of carbon, and did not
mean to overlook or be disrespectful to the multitude of other things which go
on in such a complex biological system as a forest !

For example, just to think of all the creepy crawlies in a rain forest [ we
have a very nice one here in Puerto Rico ] . It is enough to boggle the mind.
And then there are some 2,000 medicinal plants. And all the species of bushes
and trees. And so on. And all these living things [ and their detris after
death ] interact with each other.

Directly or indirectly, many people believe that God created it. But could
even he model it ?   I guess so, but it would take some overtime.

That is why I suggested a sequence of material balances.

Cordially. ###

Check out AOL's list of
2007's hottest products.