[Terrapreta] Tree planting -- a bit more

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 21:19:21 EST 2007

Hey everyone,

Thanks for hanging in there as I pursue my passion.

There's a very important new report on the role of the carbon market.
Here's the critical conclusion:

*At a carbon price of $3 per ton, protecting the Amazon for its
carbon value could outweigh the opportunity costs of forgoing
logging, cattle ranching, and soy expansion in the region.

*Read more here: http://news.mongabay.com/2007/1204-amazon.html

hugs,

lou

http://lougold.blogspot.com/