[Terrapreta] C02 Tree Capture – how much carbon dioxide do trees really capture?

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Wed Dec 5 07:12:58 EST 2007

Dear David and Lou

Most of us on the Terra Preta List have an "environmentally responsible
leaning", a sense of beauty, and an appreciation of the good things a
tree can do. However, what I see is that extremism seldom works in an
optimal manner. Mother Nature is smart, and she seems to favor
diversity. It is absolutely impossible for Man to exist on this Earth
without interacting with Mother Nature. Either we get Divorced and one
of us leaves, or we find ways that we can live on Earth in a sustainable
basis. Otherwise, one of us will die, and the other will be seriously
injured.

As Representatives of our "Resident Tree Huggers", what would you and
David recommend as tree cutting guidelines  acceptable to the Tree Huggers?

Under what conditions would the Tree Hugging Community agree to using
wood as a source of carbon for Terra Preta?

Kevin