[Terrapreta] C02 Tree Capture – how much carbon dioxide do trees really capture?

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 09:27:14 EST 2007

Well, Kevin, it's time for me to call it quits on this one. I think I have
provided lots of responses and lots of references. There's no more for me to
do.

To summarize simply -- I hug the primary forest and embrace a terra preta
style agriculture. My only shift from the past is that I now see that a
consciously earth-healing agriculture has a vitally necessary role to play.
I didn't trade in my old tree-hugging views as much as place them into the
context of an even larger understanding that now includes agriculture.

We TOTALLY disagree on the carbon storage role of forests. The Amazon forest
now holds in historically stable but now fragile storage the carbon
equivalent of 11 full years of current total CO2 emission worldwide.

hugs,

lou