[Terrapreta] Article link

Barry at Biochar barry.batchelor at biochar.net
Wed Dec 5 20:10:34 EST 2007

Hi Lou and everyone else.

We are here, but just listening as we are to busy gardening to write posts
all the time  ;-)

I have given talks and posted many internet biochar topics over the last
year or two, Biodynamic people on Australia's Sunshine coast are now aware
of Biochar, I even hosted New Zealand's Dr Alfred Harris for a few days and
setup a talk on Biochar, but the idea of burning or charring biomass over
composting hold's most of the development testing back and not having access
to onsite char making ovens that produce little pollution (hint hint). The
International AgriChar Initiative conference had a hand full of Permies
including myself.

A couple of ways to increase uptake is showing first hand development in an
organic sustainable environment, which you will see in my next post. The
other is getting time to talk in front of the leaders and teachers of these
organisations, this I intend to do at the 9th Australasian Permaculture
Convergence around march next year.

Lou you are right BD and Premie's understand soil in quite a different way
to most, I don't think ADE was mixed with a chemical fertilizer or char was
spread onto fields dry and tilled in, It's how it's processed and what's
added with the char that makes it work, I'm getting amazing results in my
food forest, vegi gardens. Everything planted here on my farm is now planted
with added biochar brews including BD500's.

I'm not a big fan of the many plot gardens I have seen posted here, if you
have read Masanobu Fukuoka's work you will understand my point.

Regards

Barry Batchelor
Permaculture Designer.
www.biochar.net