[Terrapreta] Article link

Michael Bailes michaelangelica at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 01:20:52 EST 2007

Thanks
An interesting article.

The usefulness of planting trees in Temperate Climates to sequester carbon
has not been scientifically established
SEE
http://forums.hypography.com/earth-science/9998-planting-trees-good-thing-bad-thing.html

Yet "Tree Huggers" continue to promote the myth? PLEASE DONATE HERE AND WE
WILL PLANT A TREE FOR YOU" ! ??

Trees do help in the Tropics but that is the area that most deforestation is
occurring (+Queensland)
Look at the rape of Papua by Indonesian Government
MA

On 04/12/2007, code suidae <codesuidae at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't recall seeing this go by on the list, and thought it would be
> of interest:
>
> <http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20071129/cm_csm/yapfelbaum_1>
>
> It doesn't mention TP, but makes some other suggestions that seem
> pretty sound to me.
>
> Dave K
> --
> "Our ignorance is not so vast as our failure to use what we know." -
> M. King Hubbert

Michael the Archangel

"You can fix all the world's problems in a garden. . . .
Most people don't know that"
FROM
http://www.blog.thesietch.org/wp-content/permaculture.swf