[Terrapreta] 200 tons per day Dynamotive plant in Missouri

Edward Someus edward at terrenum.net
Sat Dec 8 00:44:21 EST 2007

Gentlemen,

There is a need for Dynamotive process terminology clarification:
GASIFICATION: The Dynamotive process is a true gasification process, which
is an interphase between  oxidation (incineration) and reduction (pyrolysis)
 but more towards in reductive environment. The goal is the gas/bio oil and
energy, it turns solid feed incl carbons to gasvapor/oil, while some carbon
remaining for energy utilization. This process is NOT optimal for TP
production purposes. US DoE, Germany, Sweden and other nations have
developed several (real big ones) gasification energy processes in there
past 25 years, pressurized and non pressurized as well. Some of these
gasification developments have been successfully others not.

PYROLYSIS: Pyrolysis or carbonization is thermal desorption where you remove
(gas out) the volatiles from the solid and the pure carbon frame is
remaining as main product while the gas vapors are byproducts. This is truly
for the TP process.

You might ask why not just burn the biomass instead of making oil?
This is technical reason not business == Direct burning of biomass is a
technical challenge due to variating moisture content and high alkalines
which are generating (very nasty) settings and slag build ups in the boiler
as alkalines softening by thermal process. By gasification most of the
energetic value is converted to pure gas or by condensation liquid, so the
minor carbon solids remaining incl most of the alkalines.

RE making charcoal for use as a soil amendment is not yet economically
viable...........
there are options for effect combinations and specific formulation for which
makes additional values that support economy

Sincerely yours: Edward Someus (environmental engineer)
Terra Humana Clean Tech Ltd. (ISO 9001/ISO 14001)
3R Environmental Technologies Ltd.
ADDRESS: H-1222 Budapest, Szechenyi 59, Hungary
TEL handy:  +(36-20) 201 7557
TEL / FAX:   +(36-1) 424 0224
TEL SKYPE phone via computer:  Edward Someus
3R TERRACARBON:   http://www.terrenum.net
3R CLEANCOAL ENERGY: http://www.nvirocleantech.com