[Terrapreta] Catalyst: Carbon Bigfoot

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 15:46:39 EST 2007

Duane,

I was asking if you could back up the following:
*
The ultimate outcome of successful demonstration of terra preta benefits
could thus be an incentive to geo-agricultural engineering on a massive
scale. That vision will be self limiting if plant growth is suppressed by a
shortage of atmospheric carbon dioxide. A next logical step for humanity
could be to continue to transfer carbon from fossil fuel into the soil.
*
My question is SIMPLE: Why not just capture carbon already in the
atmosphere? Is there a shortage? Why do we have to put more into the
atmosphere? Isn't this like saying that we need to be wasteful in order to
be wasteful in order to supply recycling. I don't get it yet. (Please note:
I have not mentioned global warming.)

hugs,   lou
**