[Terrapreta] the most terrifying video...climate change

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Sat Dec 8 23:14:51 CST 2007

Dear Lewis

MMBTUPR at aol.com wrote:
>>           from    Lewis L Smith
>
> Until Svensmark can convince the rest of the World that he is right,
> we lay people had better play it safe and try to do something about GW.
That is a non-sequitor. While Svensmark's data is not all in, the
Climate change Modelers, who are generally accepted by lay people, admit
that their understanding of vitally important cloud formation is weak
and lacking.

Should we act on what the Consensus Science People advocate as a flawed
model?
> The consequences of underestimating its magnitude and causes are just
> too horrendous.
Very true. Lets find out, or at least get a better understanding, of the
real causes. Then our actions are much likely to be reasonable and effective

> Ten thousand people have already had to abandon an island in the
> Indian Ocean where they and their ancestors lived for hundreds of
> years. Several thousand refugees from various Pacific islands have
> already moved to New Zealand. These migrations are due to the fact
> that for the first time in history, every combination of hide tide and
> storm surge completely covers the island on which they live. The
> latter group have so scared the local residents that New Zealand
> doesn't want any more coal plants.
>
> So it seems to me that the assertions that humans have had somethng
> important to do with GW and for that reason, can do something to
> deaccelerate it, are very sound precautionary, working hypotheses.
Your underlying assumption is that GW is anthropomhoric, and that
activities by Man can make a difference. By their own admission, teh
IPCC models are flawed.

> So let's get off our duffs, and stop trying to "cover up the sky with
> our hands", as one says in Puerto Rico.
Multi billions can be spent for no benefit if we go down the wrong road.
To me, the IPCC explanation of GW does not tie in with previous GW
episodes, and it is therefore fair and reasonable to question it.

Best wishes,

Kevin