[Terrapreta] the most terrifying video...climate change

MMBTUPR at aol.com MMBTUPR at aol.com
Sat Dec 8 15:14:19 CST 2007

>           from     Lewis L Smith

Until Svensmark can convince the rest of the World that he is right, we lay
people had better play it safe and try to do something about GW. The
consequences of underestimating its magnitude and causes are just too horrendous.

Ten thousand people have already had to abandon an island in the Indian Ocean
where they and their ancestors lived for hundreds of years. Several thousand
refugees from various Pacific islands have already moved to New Zealand. These
migrations are due to the fact that for the first time in history, every
combination of hide tide and storm surge completely covers the island on which
they live. The latter group have so scared the local residents that New Zealand
doesn't want any more coal plants.

So it seems to me that the assertions that humans have had somethng important
to do with GW and for that reason, can do something to deaccelerate it, are
very sound precautionary, working hypotheses.

So let's get off our duffs, and stop trying to "cover up the sky with our
hands", as one says in Puerto Rico.

Cordially. ###

Check out AOL's list of 2007's hottest
products.