[Terrapreta] The economics of soil enhancement

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Tue Dec 11 14:23:51 CST 2007

Hi again Duane,

I think we just said the same thing again.

Hi Lou, Duane,

There is a scale of improving effect from reducing "carbon positive" activity (conservation), to "carbon neutral" (using biomass renewable energy), and finally to "carbon negative" (carbon sequestration).  Maybe it might be worhwhile considering that "carbon credits" could be paid along a similar graduated scale, as well, making "carbon negative" activities earn the highest value of "carbon credits" ?

What might any of you think of that?  I think it would promote the formation of Terra Preta, in lieu of others schemes for ACTION to combat Global Climate Change (GCC).