[Terrapreta] C02 Tree Capture – how much carbon dioxide do trees really capture?

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 07:58:40 EST 2007

Hi All,

I believe the situation is quite different between Australia and the
temperate rainforests of North America. They are much more like their
tropical relatives.

Albido is tricky -- it narrows the concern to reflectance. The big
difference occurs with evergreen forests in snow zones. If there was no
forest and therefore more snow cover, there would be more wintertime
reflectance. But this narrow model doesn't necessarily consider all the
ecosystem functions performed by the forests and what happens in all
seasons.

(tree) hugs,

lou

http://lougold.blogspot.com/