[Terrapreta] Terra Preta and Ants

Gerald Van Koeverden vnkvrdn at yahoo.ca
Sun Dec 16 11:17:40 CST 2007

Kevin,

Very interesting ideas.  I will definitely be mixing char in with the
sandy soil around my house this coming spring and study the reaction
of the ant colonies.

I have an ant farm I made for my son many many moons ago...if I could
find it in the attic,  and some ants under a foot of snow...

anybody up for a study group on studying the interaction of ants and
charcoal in homemade ant farms?? we already have the thread going...

actually ants are a big problem in some greenhouses;  if char/
charcoal repelled them, as well as enhancing fertility, we'd have
another angle to promote it.

Gerrit