[Terrapreta] What may lie ahead for Terra Preta

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 18:41:43 CST 2007

I want to share the position paper that was developed for Bali around
the issue of carbon credits for reduced deforestation.

http://whrc.org/BaliReports/assets/WHRC_Amazon_REDD.pdf

Please understand that my purpose is NOT to reopen a discussion of forests
as carbon sinks. Instead, I'm offering this example because I found it to be

incredibly informative of the kinds of depth inquiry that a novel approach
must
face.

Terra Preta is even more challenging because the soil is so much less
visible
and understood than the trees. We have a lot of work to do and it's not
going
to be a simple process. I think we need to be prepared for a long haul.

--
http://lougold.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/visionshare/sets/