[Terrapreta] NZ leading the way

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 12:46:05 CST 2007

Hi Sean,

Hope you don't get the idea that I'm picking on you, which is not so. I find
that your remarks often give me an opportunity to express things that are
stirring in me as well. I am grateful to you.

You say,

*I don't think I care about the Earth so much as the Earth's people,
especially the other people that need to survive after I'm gone.

*While I understand this view. I would personally like to move away from any
notions that the Earth and people are somehow separate. I believe this is an
error -- one embraced equally by both industrialists and environmentalists.
Separation is the 'sin' of our Age and it has caused much mischief.

The main and deeply profound prayer of the Lakota (Sioux) people of your
region says *Mitake Oyascin *which means "All My Relations." Actually,
healing from the painful consequences of separation -- from self, from
other, from earth, from heaven -- lies at the heart of all the great
spiritual traditions.

Sometimes I just picture all that pottery in Terra Preta and imagine a
reconnection of people and earth in a living soil. What a beautiful vision!

hugs,   lou

http://lougold.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/visionshare/sets/