[Terrapreta] BECS

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 08:02:57 CST 2007

Hi All,

I keep reading about the BECS at Biopact

http://biopact.com/2007/12/towards-carbon-negative-biofuels-us-doe.html.

The particulars of the technology are way beyond me but I keep wondering if
bio-char might be incorporated in an economically feasible way into ethanol
production? Char going into the soil seems so much better than CO2 going
into a hole in the earth and the former meets my litmus test for judging
technology -- reciprocity with the earth. Is it possible at this mega-level
or am I caught in a pipe dream? If it is possible, can anyone give a simple
explanation of what it would take and how it might be financed for large
agro-industrial systems.

Thanks for educating me.

hugs,   lou