[Terrapreta] Open Source Publications

Richard Haard richrd at nas.com
Fri Dec 21 10:43:15 CST 2007

It is difficult to even monitor what directions and results research
is taking on this topic of the use of charcoal in soils. I am in a
town with a University Library but still cannot access all
publications I need to study. There is also the issue that much of
this research is kept under wraps because of timelines needed by post
doc and graduate programs, university and private individual and
corporate desire to control the transfer of technology in order to
receive compensation for investments in manpower and infrastructure,
and profit.

I do not think any of these issues will ever change but I believe the
best way to look in the window is to