[Terrapreta] Marketing comment for TP. (was volatile matter and char)

Gerald Van Koeverden vnkvrdn at yahoo.ca
Mon Dec 24 16:16:26 CST 2007

I found that price ($200/ton) on the internet a year ago.  Dr. M
Antal used $275/ton for imported charcoal last year on the UH website
for his flash carbonizer.  Nikolaus writing from South America in a
Dec. 8/2007 posting on this list said "My charcoal costs at a
charring efficiency of 42 % is around 35 US$ per ton."

Let's see which of the list members can find the cheapest charcoal
source delivered anywhere in North America...

I'm checking around for some prices in Canada.  Could it be that
charcoal prices have jumped considerably in the recent year??

Gerrit