[Terrapreta] Marketing comment for TP. (was volatile matter andchar)

Greg and April gregandapril at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 26 11:16:44 CST 2007

If I might be able to add a few comments to think about -

Coir has a problem with being real loose, and slowly washing into the circulating system.    Coir also biologically degrades.

Pea Gravel has a problem of being very heavy and little porosity.

Expanded clay may or may not have good porosity, and while lighter than pea gravel, it is very expensive.

Marble to pea sized charcoal has a good chance to fill a niche that many people may not realize.

Light weight, good porosity, little to no biological degradation - and if the charcoal can made reasonably cheep it could be just the thing that hydroponics and aquaponic systems could use.

Greg H.