[Terrapreta] Voices on Bali

Michael Bailes michaelangelica at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 15:47:25 CST 2007

I also showed from the GCRA long term global coral reef temperature
database, that the EU proposal, to allow CO2 to rise to 450 ppm and
temperatures to rise by 2 degrees C was unacceptable because it would kill,
all coral reefs and drown all low lying coasts. Coral reefs just can't take
any more warming, we have already lost most of the corals in our reefs
worldwide from high temperatures. I also showed that it was essential to
REDUCE atmospheric CO2 by at least one third to stabilize climate at safe
levels, and presented new, cost effective clean and sustainable tidal energy
energy resources not now being developed due to lack of policies and
funding, and cost effective charcoal soil carbon sinks that could reduce
atmospheric CO2 to safe levels and store the carbon forever in ways that
greatly increase soil fertility and agricultural productivity. None of these
solutions were being discussed by the UN negotiators, while they discussed
"solutions" that are minor or nonexistent.
*Dr. Thomas J. Goreau
http://dotearth.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/12/16/voices-on-bali-and-beyond/
*--
Michael the Archangel

"You can fix all the world's problems in a garden. . . .
Most people don't know that"
FROM
http://www.blog.thesietch.org/wp-content/permaculture.swf