[Terrapreta] Carbon emissions show sharp rise

Jeff Davis jeff0124 at velocity.net
Sun Dec 30 23:25:32 CST 2007

Hi Duane,

I am no means an expert on nuclear plants to you will need to research this.
It is my understanding that it takes a lot of energy to build and then later
decommission  a nuclear plant. Maybe as much as it produces. The next problem
is that the fuel is NOT renewable and is finite just like oil.

Normal electric power plants are about 40% eff.

The goal is not to burn much of the carbon in the plant. I want to use H2 rich
gas (and some CO) for fuel and keep the charcoal for Terra Preta.

This is the vision: Rice husks (or what ever) into your gasifier. The gas goes
to fuel your car, truck, tractor, greenhouse, home, etc, etc and etc. The
charcoal goes into the ground as Terra Preta. Also one should get some wood
vinegar to boot. This is all local.

I think of biomass as the the electronics tech would think of ground as being
common. Biomass is common to the many not just the few like oil!!

But everybody would have to learn to work with biomass so it's a mind set
problem. People are programmed to not to want to take control of there lives
they are programmed to have the large corporations take care of them. They
just need that easy oil stuff and no need to get your hands dirty with
biomass.

Happy New Years,

Jeff