[Terrapreta] [Bioenergy] Cornell biogeochemist shows howreproducing -- TerraPreta

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Sun Feb 11 21:10:11 CST 2007

Just think of the carbon opportunities from Katrina.

Carbon credits alone will not pay for the cost of sequestration. I'm trying
to value the benefits to see if it makes sense to promote agri-char in bag
or bulk from gasifiers, pyrolyzers or boilers (flyash).

There's a lot of carbon in boiler flyash. Now it's just blended with bottom
ash and land filled. Only a small portion is spread on forest soils. Our
wood fired university and utility power plants used to sell it's ash to
Kingsford who blended it into their charcoal briquettes but converted to
natural gas some years ago.

Tom