[Terrapreta] bio-char paper

Zane Lewis zanelewis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 12:40:33 CST 2007

See 2007 Parkland Institute Essay Contest at
http://terrapreta.bioenergylists.org/parkland2007

Hello

I am interested in entering a essay contest and use biochar as a strategy
for green house mitigation.  I have attached it.  I am involved with the
provincial and national general farm organizations and on an ag policy
committee for a major national party.  I am hoping that I can cite strong
empirical evidence in order to validate bio char as a viable option and
therefor be viable for policy recommendation. I may have to approach a more
progressive organization but non mainstream and then through them bring it
to the main stream.  I see this as a multi-year endeavor. The paper is my
first step.  Even though I am15 years older that the other undergrads I am
in the l undergraduate category and have only 1000 words.  My audience will
be primarily left yet I would like this to be palatable to the right also.
I  am hoping that it can trigger people and the province/country to become
intrigued and therefor start to quickly percolate to the people and gov'
t.Maybe my footnotes can be longer than the paper   :-)  I am asking for
reference material in order to start to become immersed and thoroughly
familiar with biochar.

Zane