[Terrapreta] Charcoal in Compost? 4USA?

Robert Klein arclein at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 9 16:07:18 EDT 2007

Dive into my blog for information on incineration and
how it might be made to work

/globalwarming-arclein.blogspot.com/

The big selling problem is simply the word
incineration.  That has always meant a low temperature
burn in which every problem gas was allowed to escape
into the atmosphere.

The solution has always been a two lung system in
which the first chamber (shipping container) is held
to less than 600 degrees. The exit gases are then fed
into a 2000 degree chamber (small oven) which destroys
every thing and prevents the escape of intermediate
forms.

For charcoal and biochar production,we need only keep
the temperature in the first chamber under 400
degrees.
The second chamber still operates at 2000 degrees and
the oxygen containing exhaust gases are fed back into
the first chamber to supply additional heat.

This would be a simple and inexpensive method of
processing urban wood waste that could be then used by
the composters as an additive.

A friend of mine won the contract from the Canadian
government back in the eighties to eliminate a large
stockpile of PCB's with a three lung incinerator.  It
was very successful.  And no leakage was allowed.  At
least a little leakage from wood waste is not a
problem.