[Terrapreta] carbon and compost

Edward Someus edward at terrenum.net
Sun Jul 15 02:52:40 EDT 2007

Tom,

Tks for response.

The field demonstration carbonization plant I  have in Hungary is for
testing and not for industrial production. My large scale industrial Clean
Coal carbonization plant is under construction, which will be commercially
implemented in the US Illinois in 2008.

RE CHAR COSTS + ECONOMY
The estimated carbonization cost $25/tonne for coal input in a CLEAN COAL
project might be close to real, but not necessarily for biomass. Biomass has
less specific weight than coal m3 vs weight, provides lower carbon yields
and most importantly the logistic costs of the high volumes is local /
regional specific. The pyrolysis oils can economically be utilized, with
consideration of the main alternative to burn it off directly and recover
energy. Modern carbonization technology is a complex design and may often
contain site specific solutions as well. Therefore, feed material + logistic
optimization has important influence on the total costs, especially for
bulky materials, such as biomass.

I am dedicated supporter of the TERRA PRETA concept. I am also making
extensive carbon in soil tests in several European countries (Italy, Israel,
Hungary, The Netherlands, Germany, UK), which high science project also
supported by the European Union, Directorate General Food Safety.  One of
the prime objective I have is that parallel with our US Clean Coal programme
is to further develop the 3R technology for economical terra preta
application. The new 3R technology opens new technical, economical and
environmental opportunities.

I would be happy to find scientific, technical and business partners to
implement the 3R pyrolysis technology towards terra preta concept.

Thank you

Sincerely yours: Edward Someus (environmental engineer)
Terra Humana Clean Technology Engineering Ltd.
(ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified organization for scientific research,
technical development and industrial performance engineering design of
agro-biotechnological and pyrolysis methods, apparatus and applications)

ADDRESS: H-1222 Budapest, Szechenyi 59, Hungary
TEL handy:  +(36-20) 201 7557
TEL / FAX:   +(36-1) 424 0224
TEL SKYPE phone via computer:  Edward Someus
WEB:   www.terrenum.net