[Terrapreta] Terra Preta Signatures

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Tue Jul 17 09:45:17 EDT 2007

Dear Dr. Reddy

I am impressed with the parallels you draw. What you are doing may give
fundamental insight into Terra Preta.

You seem to have made the connection "Potters dump char and waste into
their manure pits, and then spread on the fields"

Two things that seem critical to the insights you are providing would
seem to be:

1: A Pottery Technology that pyrolysed wood, and heated their kilns with
pyrolysis gases. Is there any evidence to suggest that such technology
was employed?

2: "Central Agriculture" where animals were confined and manure was
collected. Is there any evidence to suggest that such animal tending
practises were employed?

Best wishes,

Kevin