[Terrapreta] Terra Preta Signatures

Robert Klein arclein at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 12:49:36 EDT 2007

Hi all

It has been common practice and acknowledged safe
practice to dispose of ash and other combustion
practice in manures and soils since time immemorial
everywhere.

Were it fell apart is in the volumes.  Far too little
was available to make an appreciable difference in
fertilization and there certainly was only a trivial
amount of charcoal.  Far too little to connect the
dots.

I think only corn was able to provide enough at hand
dry plant material in a convenient stackable form to
accommodate the seasonal production of true biochar.

regards

bob

--- Saibhaskar Nakka <saibhaskarnakka at gmail.com>