[Terrapreta] growth

Richard Haard richrd at nas.com
Sun Jul 29 22:22:50 EDT 2007

Hello Nat

Our soil and climate profile

The soil pH of the  2 control plots is 5.8 qnd 6.0 with buffer pH
6.4, our phosphorus is low at 6-7 (ppm), potassium high at 154 to
241, calcium high at 1050, magnesium medium at 87 to 100, iron 6.4 to
8 (all control plots). Typically boron and copper are low in our area

Our soil is a sandy loam that wears our farm implements faster that
you would believe. Our fields are irrigated during our normally dry
summer months and rainfall/irrigation exceeds evaporation. We live in
a moist,cool climate of coastal PNW-US.

I checked soil analysis on adjacent never farmed forested soils and
they have a similar nutrient profile. The soils are of glacial origin.