[Terrapreta] One Tonne of charcoal = X?? amount of sequestered GHGs

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Fri Jun 1 22:47:03 CDT 2007

Michael,

0.3 t C/ton CO2

Remember when I was calculating how many acres  I would have to mulch in
charcoal to offset my 10 tons CO2@ per year? At 10 t/ha (4.1 t/a) I could
carpet my lot in charcoal in just the first year. So I asked Richard and
Larry if they would bury my guilt in their nursery.

Look at the Terra Preta website under the CO2 tab:

http://terrapreta.bioenergylists.org/carbondioxide

Tom