[Terrapreta] One Terra preta logo

rukurt at westnet.com.au rukurt at westnet.com.au
Sun Jun 3 22:20:11 CDT 2007

Tom Miles wrote:

> Michael passed along a great picture of an IAI poster in which an Australian
> (Western Mineral Fertilisers) company was promoting "Mallee Charcoal" to
> enhance fertilizer.

When you think of the huge areas of mallee scrub that was removed (huge
chain pulled between two bulldozers) and burnt, and the ligno tubers dug
out and used for firewood all over the place, just after the last war,
it makes you want to weep.
Similarly the brigalow scrubs in Queensland and forested areas generally
here in Oz, the wood just burned and wasted. NOW we wake up!!

Kurt