[Terrapreta] Eureka!!! It Flared

rukurt at westnet.com.au rukurt at westnet.com.au
Mon Jun 4 23:17:35 CDT 2007

You little bewdie!!!

Had to replace the bottom of my garbage can TLUD, as the old one was
badly rusted and burning out. Drilled a new smaller set of holes in it,
to reduce the primary air supply. Increased the air holes for the
secondary air supply. Lit it up and she flared!!!!
Only for a few minutes, but I'm getting there. Need still more secondary
air.

Oh yes, and it's definitely a TLUD gasifier, the flare was some six feet
from the pyrolises front. About two feet of flame, reddish tinge. out of
a 3.5 inch tube.

Need some dry weather too, so I can bash up some more dry bamboo as well.

Kurt
who is working on a website to show all this to those who are
interested. The work in progress will be out soon.