[Terrapreta] Eureka!!! It Flared

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Tue Jun 5 02:13:44 CDT 2007

Hey Kurt,

Will the secondary air reduce the charcoal yield at the expense of releasing more flare-able gas?

You may not give a crap about what I have say, but have you looked at or tried any kind of a down-draft gasifier design?  From what I've read, they produce no soot, nor smoke, and copious amounts of flare-able gas.  Some down-draft gasifiers produce clean enough gas (< 15 ppm tars and soot), that it can be used directly by an internal combustion engine, without a gas cleanup train between the gasifier and the engine.