[Terrapreta] Fwd: Fwd: Global Carbon Cycle

rukurt at westnet.com.au rukurt at westnet.com.au
Tue Jun 5 09:30:20 CDT 2007

Kev Babeee---- you de man!!!!

I love your scenario, said just what I thought!

Developed Westerner often see native peoples as "Noble Savages" imbued
with special wisdoms and knowledge. And there is no doubt that they have
a lot of knowledge of their local situation. Unfortunately it is often
codified in terms of Sun Gods and Ancestral Spirits and other deities
that must either be propitiated with human sacrifices, beating hearts
torn from bodies and so on, or with saccharin adoration and the
construction of huge public buildings or both.

The weather doesn't care if you hold up your virgin daughters beating
heart to the rising sun, it'll rain when it damn well pleases.

Kevin Chisholm wrote:
> Dear Lou and Code
>
> I think it is a big mistake to attribute to the Ancient Peoples more
> knowledge and intelligence than that for there is evidence to support.
>
> <<snipped>>
>
> I can imagine a Meeting of some of the Village Elders at a local
> watering hole...
>
> <<snipped>>
> The rest is probably history... ;-)
>
> Can anyone think of ANY resource they were lacking in order to develop a
>   "Great Growing System?"

Not really, and having to use stone axes doubtlessly stopped them from
clearing thousands of acres, the way we do. Easy energy is modern mans
greatest curse.