[Terrapreta] Flaring the more potent GHG in the off gas fromacharcoal kiln?

rukurt at westnet.com.au rukurt at westnet.com.au
Tue Jun 5 10:07:15 CDT 2007

Sean K. Barry wrote:
> Hey Kurt,
>
> You are at the other end of my "poor bloke" problem, aren't you?
> Thanks for the one compliment about the house I built.
I think it's a very nice house, very neat and clean, not at all like
mine, which tends to be something of a compost heap, if my partner
doesn't keep the general areas neat and tidy. This is especially so in
my 'puter room, which she isn't allowed to clean.
Now, the point is, I'm happy in there and you're not happy in yours. A
pity that hence the "poor bloke" comment.

Additionally, having been chatted about overloading your e_mails with
heaps of irrelevant stuff, you filled that message with lots of piccies,
which is a known NO NO on this list. Tut! Tut!

As to the gasifier bits--- have you actually built some proof of concept
units to "get your hand in", so to speak and iron out possible future
problems, or do you expect this assemblage of expensive "obtanium" to
work perfectly from the word go?

Perhaps you're one of those unusual people who can write bugless
software in one go. You might find that the gasifier is a more difficult
beast.

One thing I should point out to you. You seem to think that your
gasifier will be able to produce lots of charcoal while powering an IC
engine. From all I've read, you can tune a gasifier to produce clean tar
free gas, or you can tune it to produce lots of charcoal. Both at the
same time is another kettle of haddock

my regards to you too,

Kurt
c'mon--- be happy!!