[Terrapreta] Fwd: Fwd: Global Carbon Cycle

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Tue Jun 5 20:04:10 CDT 2007

Dear Sean

This Carbon Credit thing intrigues me.

I did a search on "getting carbon credits"  but with no quote marks. I
got  4,710,000 hits. I checked over the first 100 hits and none told me
how I could apply to get carbon credits. Lots of people seem to be
selling Carbon Credits but few seem to be buying carbon credits.

One of the interesting things I came across was:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/climatechange/story/0,,1823853,00.html

The British Government is considering implement "swipe cards" that would
be used every time someone buys gasoline, or goes on an airplane trip.
Their choice of phrase "swipe cards" is probably one of the finer
Freudian Slips of our time.

I went to:
http://www.earthteam.net/GWCampaign/fundraise.html

and was interested to see that someone is looking for School Children to
go out and raise money from their Community to buy Carbon Credits so
that the School will have a neutral carbon footprint.

I wonder if the Carbon Credit thing is just a great big Black Hole for
money? How come there are so many people accepting money from people who
want to buy carbon credits, and nobody apparently wanting to pay people
who create the carbon credits?

Can you see any way to show clearly that the Carbon Credits Movement is
something other than a money maker for its promoters?

Kevin